This website is operated by Paper Kay through Shopify. Throughout the site, the terms “We”, “Us” and “Our” to refer to Paper Kay. The use of the terminology in singular, plural, lowercase and capitalisation still apply.
We reserve the right to periodically update these policies to reflect how we are processing your data. Please make sure you are kept up to date with the latest version by checking this page before you browse and/or shop. If we make any significant changes, we will announce the changes on our website, through email (to newsletter subscribers) and Instagram.
What information do we collect?
In order to operate Paper Kay and fulfil orders, we require some information from you.
This information may include:
- Your name.
- Email address.
- Phone number.
- Location and/or postal address.
- Method of payment/payment details.
- Any messages and/or attachments you send to us.
- The products you have shown interest in or have chosen to order.
How do we collect personal information?
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you, for one of the following reasons:
- You registered an account with our website.
- You signed up to our rewards system.
- You made a purchase on our website.
- You signed up to our newsletter.
- You contacted us by email or through Instagram.
Why do we collect personal information and how do we use it?
The information that you have given to us is important so we can:
- Offer customer service and support.
- Provide, operate and improve our website.
- Process and fulfil your order so you can receive your happy mail.
- Communicate and keep you in the loop when we have new releases or sales, we think you would be interested in.
- Improve our product offerings because we want you to love the products we work hard to design and make.
- Prevent fraud or unlawful actions so we can keep you safe and protect our website.
- Keep a record of transactions for legal reasons (e.g. for tax).
What are cookies and how do we use them?
Cookies are small text files from a website that asks permission to be stored onto your device (dependant on your cookies settings in your browser). If you choose to allow cookies from our site, it may make your experience on our website easier and more enjoyable. You can pick up where you left off (e.g. enable auto-fill, keep items in your cart, remember your preferred currency and any recently viewed products). Cookies will be also be used to help tailor your shopping experience based on your preferences and previous interactions on our site. It will help us to learn more about our web traffic, so we can improve both functionality and your browsing experience. Allowing cookies does not give us access to your computer.
Can I block the cookies?
It is your choice to decide whether you want to accept or deny the cookies. If you change your mind after accepting them, you can revoke access to these cookies and delete them in your browser settings. Please note, this may prevent access to certain parts of our website or our service.
Third party cookies and links
We will try to only provide carefully selected and relevant links to our site. However, we have no control over the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services. Therefore, we assume no responsibility for them. Only click on the links provided at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused by the third-party websites or services. We encourage you to read their individual policies before disclosing any personal information.
- Shopify – Our site is hosted by Shopify. To learn about Shopify’s cookies, there is more information here.
- Google – Google Analytics helps us measure how users interact with our website content. To learn about Google Analytics cookies, there is more information here.
- Smile – Our rewards system is hosted by Smile. To learn more about Smile’s cookies, there is more information here.
- Instagram – We use some features from Instagram on our home page. To learn about Instagram’s cookies, there is more information here.
How we protect your information
Your privacy is extremely important to us. Therefore, on all devices we use to store confidential information, we have paid for a highly ranked security software. It provides protection against viruses, spyware, malware and other online attacks from accessing your information. We advise all users who browse, shop online or store information on an electronic device to install a reliable security software for their own safety.
It is important to note, the internet is not a secure medium and it can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of the information you provide us at all times.
Do we share your information?
Except as explained below, we do not sell, transfer or otherwise disclose your personal information to outside parties.
Other than us, some third parties will be able to use your information we have collected on a need to know basis. This includes third parties such as postal providers (Royal Mail and your local postal provider), Shopify, card protection and payment processing companies.
Under certain circumstances, we may have a legal duty and/or right to disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent. This will not be carried out, unless it is required for law enforcement purposes or for the purpose of complying with a legal requirement.
We never intend to retain your personal information longer than necessary. However, to provide you with our services and fulfil orders, we will keep your data for as long as you continue to be a Paper Kay customer. We will also keep necessary data for as long as we are required to hold information to meet our legal requirements.
If at any time you wish for us delete your data or close your account, you may contact us using the information provided below. We will work with you to ensure as much of your data is erased. However, in some circumstances we may have to retain necessary information. This might be required for us to resolve disputes, enforce our Terms and Conditions, meet our legal or regulatory requirements or prevent fraud.
Of course, you have rights to your own personal information, these are as listed below:
- To be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- To access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you – You can contact us using the information provided below.
- To request the correction of inaccurate information you provided to your registered account - You should be able to edit this information in "My Account".
- To request we delete, stop processing or collecting your data – This depends on the individual’s circumstances, but in most cases, we can delete your personal information upon request.
- To stop direct marketing messages after you have consented to receive them – You can click unsubscribe at the bottom of one of our newsletter emails.
- To ask us to transfer the personal information you give us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances – We will process this request within 30 days.
- To complain to your local data protection regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your data – In the UK, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How to contact us
For the purposes of UK data protection law, I, Zoe, am the data controller of your personal information. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy. You can email me at email@example.com with the subject “My Data” or message through the Contact Us page.
Last updated: 30th June 2021